91奇迹

找回密码
 中文注册
查看: 4424|回复: 7

易瑞沙耐药后的方案整理

[复制链接]
发表于 2007-3-14 00:51:13 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式 来自: 中国上海

一直在关注和寻找易瑞沙耐药之后的方案,先前曾做过一次总结,随着了解的深入和新药的进展,又有了一些新的认识,现在做一次总结整理,希望能在此基础上与大家进一步交流,如果大家有新药信息和使用心得经验能不吝赐教。
         易瑞沙耐药之后没有标准的治疗方案可以遵循,一切都是在摸索,只能因人而异的试探性治疗,综合下来大致有以下几种治疗方向:

1、耐药之后选择之前没有用过的化疗药物做化疗,这对于一些吃易瑞沙之前化疗方案不标准或者没有做化疗的病友可以考虑,但毕竟化疗对身体损伤太大,病人到了耐药阶段也承受不了太大的损伤,所以在化疗药物的选择上要尽量用副作用相对比较小的药物;

2、它塞瓦(TARCEVA)联合阿瓦斯汀(AVASTIN),或联合其它化疗药物。这是论坛里病友讨论比较多的,但是TARCEVA与易瑞沙一样是单一靶点作用于表皮生长因子(EGF)的药理,易瑞沙耐药了,TARCEVA有效的可能性也比较小,而且一个月两万元的价格足以让人却步;

3、力比泰(ALIMTA)联合泰索帝或者其它化疗药物,如果能有效控制病情了,可重新用回易瑞沙,可能易瑞沙仍然会有效,但根据我的观察,一线或者二线直接用力比泰的效果是比较好的,耐药后用力比泰印象中没有有效的,但作为耐药后有限的选择之一,是一个需要关注的方案;

4、当下讨论比较多的恩度,单用或者联合用药,这个药在病友间争议比较大,我的了解不是很全面,有不少医生会建议在耐药后使用恩度,但据一些使用过的病友反应,副作用比较大而且预后一般;

5、就是我在博客中提到的易瑞沙二代Zactima(ZD6474),它不仅作用于表皮生长因子同时作用于血管表皮因子的双通道抑制剂,虽然至今没有上市,但已经处于Ⅱ期临床试验阶段,值得去期待。目前国内只有在个别医院进行试验组,国内买不到,但已有病友在美国购买到;

6、索拉非尼(多吉美)sorafenib——该药是治疗肾癌的药物,但用于非小细胞肺癌的Ⅲ期临床试验已经在2006年展开,我想之所以医生会推荐它在易瑞沙耐药之后使用,可能是因为该药是多靶点的靶向药物,和ZD6474一样是作用于表皮生长因子EGF和血管表皮生长因子VEGF的,这是优于易瑞沙的;

7、C-225,这段时间在与病友讨论易瑞沙耐药方案时几次听病友提及这个药,C-225也就是Erbitux(艾比特思;cetuximab),大致了解一下这个药适用于结肠癌和肺癌,资料里说该药是作用于表皮生长因子EGF,而达到减少血管表皮生长因子VEGF的生长,这一点与易瑞沙二代ZD6474(Zactima)的药理有相似之处,不知道是不是因为这个原因,而使它被医生作为易瑞沙耐药后的推荐。
         易瑞沙有效是我们病人的福音,它真的能很大程度上改善病人的生活质量,但是一旦它耐药也是让人感觉非常绝望的,所以对于易瑞沙耐药的方案探寻是需要一直关注的,希望有相关讯息的病友能多多交流。

有爱,就有奇迹!
发表于 2007-3-28 16:03:55 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 中国江苏南京

医生说易瑞沙有了耐药性,它塞瓦也基本上无效了,你说的还有很多种药,我都不是很清楚

你能详细的说明那些药品是怎么用的?价格如何?急需知道!

有爱,就有奇迹!
发表于 2007-3-28 21:15:41 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 美国

Below is an article about Sorafenib/Nexavar in Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer.

http://onctalk.com/2006/11/30/sorafenibnexavar-in-non-small-cell-lung-cancer/#comment-327

Sorafenib, or Nexavar, is an oral “multi-kinase inhibitor”.  Kinases are specialized proteins that coordinate communitcation networks inside the cell and can modulate cancer cell growth as well as angiogenesis, the tumor blood supply.  While many of the molecularly targeted agents I have discussed previously have demonstrated activity in lung cancer and sometimes other tumors, I have been discussing agents that primarily target one important cell process or another.  Multi-targeted agents can potentially affect multiple relevant signaling cascades at once, but it isn’t clear yet whether they work better than our single-targeted options, or combinations of several single-targeted drugs together.  There may also be the possibility of developing new combinations of side effects from one agent that hits multiple targets at once. 

Great, but does it work?  Fortunately, it does, at least in some tumor types.  Sorafenib is currently approved by the US FDA for treatment of advanced kidney cancer, where it was studied in a randomized, placebo (sugar-pill) controlled trial of over 900 previously treated patients.  This trial demonstrated that patients treated with nexavar at 400 mg by mouth twice daily went more than twice as long before developing progression of disease compared to the patients who received a placebo.  There was also an improvement in overall survival in patients who received nexavar.  It was generally well tolerated, with the main side effects being diarrhea, rash, fatigue, a “hand/foot syndrome” of redness and burning on the palms and soles, hair loss, and nausea/vomiting. 

It has also been studied in lung cancer, but in a limited capacity thus far.   At this year’s ASCO meeting, our annual huge US-based oncology conference, a trial (abstract by Gatzemeier and colleagues here) was presented of 52 previously treated patients (including prior treatment with EGFR inhibitor therapy), without restriction by type of NSCLC (squamous cell carcinoma was permitted), and allowing patients with brain metastases but no symptoms from them.  They received nexavar at 400 mg orally twice daily until they developed evidence of progression of disease or prohibitive side effects.  While there were no patients who demonstrated enough tumor shrinkage to be considered an objective response, 30 patients (59%) had stable disease for several months, with the “median” progression-free survival in those patients with stable disease going out to 5.5 months.  And 2 of the patients had been on treatment for more than two years without progression.  Moreover, there were patients who showed some degree of tumor shrinkage even if they didn’t have enough to be considered a “response” by the rigid trial criteria.  THe figure below is the “waterfall plot” of the patients on treatment (you can see from the appearance of the figure why it’s called that) , which shows the total volume of disease measured on CT scans, going from most growth on the left side to most shrinkage on the right side, and the horizontal line in the middle being no change.  Bars above the line mean the cancer grew overall, and bars extending below the line are tumor shrinkage.  Obviously, the folks with progressive disease (PD), the red bars, are clustered to the left, and the folks with stable disease (SD) are clustered toward the right.  But you can see that some patients had a lot of tumor shrinkage but didn’t count as a responder, potentially because their response was not confirmed in another CT scans or some other exact criterion of response on the trial that they didn’t meet.  And some patients with SD did have a bit of increased tumor volume. 

Soreafenib phase II waterfall (click to enlarge)

The main point from the waterfall plot is that there were patients with tumor shrinkage that didn’t meet the criteria for a response, but I would bet that they received meaningful benefit from the treatment.

Side effects were generally mild to moderate, primarily the ones described above of diarrhea, hand-foot syndrome, fatigue, nausea, also elevated blood pressure, itchiness, and dry skin/rash.  Importantly, because this agent also has antiangiogenic activity like avastin, bleeding was seen as well, including nosebleeds in 3 patients, but also one death from fatal bleeding from the lung (pulmonary hemorrhage) in a patient with a squamous cancer near the middle of the chest that cavitated (hollowed out during treatment).  This actually happened 30 days after stopping the drug, and actually followed radiation treatment to that area.  It underscores, however, that while risk of bleeding was not at the same level as was seen with avastin, particularly in the patients with squamous cancers, bleeding risk may be an issue with several drugs that affect the tumor blood supply.

Dr. Joan Schiller (now at University of Texas, Southwestern, in Dallas), who chairs the lung cancer committee for the Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group(ECOG), has also been doing important early work with sorafenib.  She presented data that demonstrated safety and encouraging activity in a small study of the combination of sorafenib with the standard chemotherapy doublet of carboplatin and paclitaxel.  There is now an international trial being initiated for first-line treatment of advanced NSCLC (all subtypes), to be treated with carboplatin/paclitaxel alone or with sorafenib 400 mg by mouth twice daily:

Sorafenib phase III trial schema (click to enlarge)

In addition, ECOG is conducting a trial (E2501) of sorafenib compared with a placebo in patients who have received at least two prior types of chemotherapy for advanced NSCLC.  A total of 311 patients are planned to be enrolled over a three year period.  Further information about the E2501 trial, including participating sites, is available here.

Because we now live in a world where avastin is a potential standard of care for the patients eligible to receive it for first-line therapy, the lung cancer treatment world may potentially be divided into the group of avastin-eligible patients (see my posts on avastin and ECOG 4599 trial for details) and avastin-ineligible patients.  We are starting to see different trials offered for the two different groups.  For instance, the Southwest Oncology Group (SWOG) is developing a trials of chemo (actually cisplatin and taxotere) with sorafenib in first-line treatment of patients with advanced NSCLC who would not be eligibile for avastin, including patients with squamous cancers.  This trial and others will help clarify whether the bleeding complications seen in a minority of patients who receive avastin, and an apparently particularly higher risk in patients with squamous cancers, are also seen with other antiangiogenic drugs at a frequency that makes this whole class of drugs unsafe for certain patients. 

Finally, I am opening a trial at my own institution of single-agent sorafenib at 400 mg by mouth twice daily as a later treatment option for patients who have bronchioloalveolar carcinoma, or any never-smoker with a lung adenocarcinoma.  This trial, which is still a few weeks away from opening up, will be in a few dozen patients and give us an idea of whether there are particular patient subgroups that may do especially well with sorafenib.   If we could identify the few patients who may go years without progressing, and may even show meaningful tumor shrinkage, it would be a great benefit for the lung cancer field.

I’ll update as more clinical trials with sorafenib become available.

posted by Dr West @ 6:40 pm link to this post

有爱,就有奇迹!
发表于 2007-3-28 21:20:53 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 美国

I found a very interesting post:

http://www.cancercompass.com/message-board/message/all,5812,0.htm?rss=y

Subject: Sorafenib - New Treatment For Lung Cancer
Date: 06/27/2006

Hi,

My name is Tony and my mother was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer approximately 6 months ago. Her first line of treatment was Tarceva and we found out 3 weeks ago when her pain spiked up considerably that the Tarceva was no longer working. My mother is 49, Asian, non smoker, I thought she would be able to use Tarceva for much longer. We were in the hospital for 2 weeks and our oncologist was out at a conference. We waited and when he returned he told us the news that her cancer had spread more in her lungs. We were devastated, but Dr. Tom K. Lee didn’t come home empty handed. At the conference he attended, there was news about a new medication for lung cancer patients, SORAFENIB (NEXAVAR). It is another Tyrosine Inhibitor and the results were good enough that my mother did not need to go under Chemo injection. The average time of progression free survival was 6 months and it is 60% effective on those who take it. I’m not on my laptop now where all the info i have is on, but when i do get to it, I will post the links. If anyone is interested please do a search on it. I just hope this helps others who think they have no where to turn.

I also did some research on other meds that my mother could possibly take and I found two very promising. Stimuvax, a vaccine that helped stage 3-4 patients live more than 30 months, I believe up to 5 years. A third clinical trial is underway and it is expected to last 4-5 years, that’s how good it is. Unfortunately they are not accepting stage 4 patients.

HKI-272. In my area, the phase 2 clinical trial is about to begin and it was said to last 2 1/2 years. I figure that the duration is that long for a reason so hopefully we get into that clinical trial. I’m still waiting for there call back concerning the results from the phase one clinical trial before we make our decision.

God Bless you all!
Tony Yeung
有爱,就有奇迹!
发表于 2007-3-28 21:26:41 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 美国

以马内利:

I am so sorry to hear your mom's new progression although I feel I have to blame you for delaying her treatment.  I am doing some research to see any other options there after Iressa.  But most important I think you should maintain your mother's quality of life.  If possible, sending her to Shanghai to find a good doctor for her.  Shanghai Tumor hospital is very good at radiation.  Please do not give up.  I am praying for you and your family.

有爱,就有奇迹!
 楼主| 发表于 2007-3-29 00:50:34 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 中国上海

谢谢SUSAN,谢谢你的祝福,我不会放弃的,得到了很多病友的鼓励,心里真的是很感动,也觉得被注入了力量,我走得并不孤独,身边有这么多病友热忱的目光在关注着。

你说得对,当下首先要改善母亲的生活质量,我也很想带母亲来胸科医院治疗,但是现在母亲的状况已经无法承受六七个小时的颠簸。我现在的想法是

1、今天已经开始每日服用两颗易瑞沙。本周四五先咨询一下当前如何对症减轻脑部症状,下周一回去吊甘露醇;

2、下周一开始服用特罗凯。下周开始口服鸦胆子油;

3、根据效果决定是否尝试索拉非尼(考虑费用以及副作用);

4、咨询重新化疗方案(考虑母亲耐受程度);

5、下个月10号第二次滴注双膦酸盐的时间考虑换用其他药物。

上述想法尚未与医生沟通,只是自己初步设想,且有一些限制因素,最终方案确定还需要审慎斟酌。

有爱,就有奇迹!
发表于 2007-3-29 17:29:04 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 中国北京

以马, 我在你的blog上已经提醒过你了, 谨慎索拉菲尼.

目前抑制VEGR靶点的药物(Avastin,索拉菲尼)都存在相似的问题, 即肺出血和脑出血.

当然你可以考虑是小概率事件, 我只是看到你说你母亲本身怀疑有出血的地方.那么就更应该小心.

索拉菲尼目前整体实验的范围较小, 安全性方面多想想吧.

现在单药化疗里我看泰索蒂的有效性报告的数据普遍比较高,但是有纳水潴留,不知道有脑水肿的患者是不是适用。

//bless

有爱,就有奇迹!
发表于 2007-5-31 06:33:34 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 美国
请问泰索蒂纳水潴留的问题你是从哪里找到的,我父亲用泰索蒂,下半身浮肿,路都走不了。
有爱,就有奇迹!
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 中文注册

本版积分规则

QQ|关于我们|隐私服务条款|小黑屋|手机版|91奇迹 ( 京ICP备2020048145号-6 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-19 18:45 , Processed in 0.065266 second(s), 18 queries .